|Type||4-Player Mini-Game (Mario Party)|
2-vs-2 Mini-Game (Mario Party 2)
|Music||Faster than All Faster than All (NTSC version of Mario Party)|
Move to the Mambo (PAL and Japanese versions of Mario Party)
Balloon Burst is a 4-player minigame that is found during the events of the Nintendo 64 game Mario Party; and as a 2-vs-2 minigame in Mario Party 2. Players participate in a race to pump the Bowser Balloon first to win.
Players (or teams) must attempt to pump the air into the Bowser Balloon using the pump in front of them within the time limit of thirty seconds. To pump the air properly, the players have to know how the pump reacts to the player's actions. If the pump flashes, the player should quickly pump it down until the pump turns bloated red, then pull up the pump. The player should repeat the process as fast as possible as the Bowser Balloon takes in more air.
The players can tell how much air they sent to their own balloon by size and when the Bowser Balloon lifts itself up with enough air. When they are large enough, the balloon's face will start to react into the air being pumped inside, hinting the player that their balloon is going to explode.
The first player (or team) who bursts the Bowser Balloon wins.
The minigame is also featured by landing on a Bowser Space, picking an event called Bowser Balloon Burst. The three players who lose the minigame will lose 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 Coins within the process. If a draw occurs, then everyone loses the same amount of coins.
The minigame can be purchased from the Mini-Game House for 400 Coins.
- A Button - Push down pump.
- B Button or Z Button - Pull up pump.
In-game Text Edit
Mario Party Edit
- Game Rules – "Alternate pressing the A and Z Buttons to blow up the Bowser Balloon. The B Button can be used instead of Z Button."
- Game Rules – (Mini-Game Island) "Break the mountain of boxes. Get 10 or more coins to clear the game."
- Game Rules (Bowser) – "Everyone wants to be Number One! If you're not Number One your Coins will get taken!"
- Advice – "When the pump flashes, it is full of air. When it's full, you can pump lots of air into the balloon."
Mario Party 2 Edit
- Game Rules – "Press the A and Z Buttons alternately to pump the Bowser Balloon until it bursts! You can also use the B Button instead of Z Button."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Coaster) – "Teams of two try to burst the Bowser balloon! If your team finishes first, you clear the game."
- Advice – "Your pump will flash when it's full of air. You'll pump more air if the pump is full."