Mario Party 2
|Music|| Coins of the World (Mario Party)|
This Way That (Mario Party 2)
Characters can try to wiggle free if grabbed by repeatedly tapping the A Button. The player attached to the crane can hold on to the character it has grabbed by tapping the A Button.
In the original Mario Party, the player on the crane had to pick one of the other characters only. If he/she is dropped to the ground before reaching the pipe, the solo player loses.
In Mario Party 2, the rules of the game underwent a change, as the player on the crane must capture all three opponents. To make this task easier, time bonuses (stopwatches with "+15", "+20" or "+30" imprinted) were introduced. When the player drops one of them into the pipe, more time will be added to the game timer according to what the watch shows.
In the Mini-Game Coaster, the human player always plays against the team of three.
Solo (1 Player) Edit
- Control Stick – Move
- A Button – Lower Crane
- A Button (Repeatedly) – Grab
Group (3 Players) Edit
- A Button (Repeatedly) – Wiggle
In-game Text Edit
Mario Party Edit
- Game Rules – "You are the Crane Game crane. Try to grab the prizes by pressing A Button repeatedly. If caught, wiggle free with A Button."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Island) – "Be the Crane Game's crane, and try to grab a prize. Grab one person and drop them in the pipe to clear the game."
- Advice – "When you grab somebody, you steal one-third of all their Coins."
Mario Party 2 Edit
- Game Rules – "It's the new and improved Crane Game! Drop all your stuffed rivals into the pipe to win. Leave none behind!"
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Coaster) – "You are the Crane Game crane! Grab all three opponents and drop them in the pipe to clear this Mini-Game."
- Advice – "Grab the clocks to add the number of seconds shown to the timer. Grab a clock by pressing the A Button button once."