|Day at the Races|
|Music||The Blue Skies Yonder|
The minigame involves the players choosing one of the four characters, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. When playing this game during a party, turn order is determined by the current standing in reverse order.
- Whomp – Walks fast but falls over and takes a long time to get up.
- Thwomp – Rises above the floor and jumps forward but then drops down and takes a long time to get up.
- Boo – Disappears and then reappears a lot further than before, but gets his face stuck in the ground sometimes.
- Bob-omb – Starts a spark running from its fuse and moves very fast but occasionally falls over.
Once the players choose their characters, the minigame announcer will alert the players to start the race. Once the race starts, each of the four characters races to the end, and the first character to cross the finish line wins the minigame for that player.
- Control Stick – Select Character
- A Button – Confirm
In-game Text Edit
- Game Rules – "The race is about to begin! Pick the character you think will reach the finish line first... And they're off."
- Advice – "Just because a character is ahead doesn't mean it will win... Watch out for come-from-behind victories!"