On the screen, the player will see the sun that is about to set. There are some trees and rocks at both sides of the lane on the grass. The camera moves backward, revealing the finish line with a sign post, and a Thwomp as an obstacle. Then the screen splits in two and shows the two teams, whom have log boards on their feet, as the minigame begins.
The members of the teams have log boards on their feet, and they have to work together to cross the finish line. To go forward, both players in a team will have to step on a certain side, using their feet, as the dialog appears on each team showing which way both players will have to go to move forward, at the same time. If one of the players in a team moves in the wrong direction with their foot, the team will collapse onto the ground and then have to stand up to resume. If this occurs, the team will lose some time and the other team may get ahead.
Additionally in the minigame, there is a Thwomp in the air nearby, as an obstacle, attempting to crush the teams as they pass by. After falling, the Thwomp slowly lifts up from the ground to fall again when it reaches the highest height it can get to, and the process repeats. If one of the teams gets crushed by the Thwomp, the team will lose some time, like when they fall over.
The first team to cross the finish line wins the minigame.
- Control Stick Right – Step with right leg
- Control Stick Left – Step with left leg
In-game Text Edit
- Game Rules – "Break into teams for a ski race in the desert. Push the control stick in the same direction at the same time."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Island) – "Compete in teams of two in a desert ski race. Clear the game by winning the race."
- Advice – "If the two of you don't the control stick at the same time, you'll fall down."