|Music||In the Mushroom Forest|
Memory Match is a single-player minigame that appears in Mario Party for the Nintendo 64.
The minigame takes places in a forest where there are various trees, some grown, and some cut, certain areas of overgrown grass that contain flowers, and stone statues placed in the grass. There are nine panels on the ground, marked with a question mark, hiding the object image. With the player standing near the middle of the panel, the minigame then starts.
The objective of the minigame is that the player must match within the time limit of 45 seconds.
The player must use the Hip Drop technique to flip one of the nine panels to reveal the image. If the player successfully matches two of the same panels, the player receives two Coins. However, if the player ground pounds two different panels, both of the panels will flip back after the player realizes his mistake. Matching objects include a redmushroom, a green mushroom, a Fire Flower, and a green Koopa Shell.
To make up for the final panel that doesn't make up a pair, one of the panels in the minigame will contain a Bowser icon that will make the player become stunned within a moment if he or she Ground Pounds it.
If the player successfully matches four pairs of tiles before the time limit runs out, the player will win ten Coins. If the player however only matches three or less pairs of tiles, he or she will receive the total amount of Coins from pairing up two of the images.
The minigame can be purchased from the Mini-Game House for fifty Coins.
- Control Stick – Move
- A Button – Jump
- A Button + Z Button – Hip Drop
In-game Text Edit
- Game Rules – "Hip Drop on the panels to make a picture appear. Match all pictures in the time limit to clear the game."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Island) – "Hip Drop on the panels to make a picture appear. Match all pictures in the time limit to clear the game."
- Advice – "If you land on the Bowser Panel, your head spins and you can't move for a few seconds."
- This is the only Mini-Game in this game that plays the song "In the Mushroom Forest". However other songs are played for more than one Mini-Game each.