Messy Memory is a 4-player minigame in Mario Party 3.
The game is a memory based mini-game. At the beginning of the game, players have to few seconds to memorize the ten items on the shelves (DK's tie, a banana bunch, mushroom, Shy Guy toy, A Yoshi egg, Mario's hat, Luigi's Hat, Hammer, Peach's crown and Wario's hat) before a group of Toads come in and knock some of the items down in a cloud of smoke. The players will then enter the room and scream at the mess before running out and the mini-game starts. Players have 30 seconds to place the items back in their proper places on the shelves. They can also close the curtain once they are done in order to keep their opponents from cheating. Once time runs out, the game shows the correct placement of the items and they receive 1 point for every item placed correctly. The player with the most points at the end of the game will win.
- Control Stick - Move cursor
- A Button - Grab/Place item
- Z Button - Open/Close curtain
In-game Text Edit
- Game Rules – "Toads knock the items on the shelves to the floor. Try to return all the items to their proper spots."
- Advice – "Remember where the items were originally placed on the shelves. If you get less than 3 points, you automatically lose."