Piranha's Pursuit is a 1-vs-3 minigame found in Mario Party.
The game starts out with the Piranha Plant in the ground at small size getting showered by the rain and coming out of the ground. When the camera zooms out and shows everyone, the mini-game starts.
The players on the cloud have to Ground Pound the cloud to feed the Piranha Plant with rain while the other player has to run away from the Piranha Plant and avoid obstacles along the way. If the Piranha Plant catches the other player, the three players win. If the other player manages to run away from the Piranha Plant long enough, the other player wins.
- If the team wins, the Piranha Plant will catch and bite the solo player, shake them violently and laugh at them while the announcer says "Miss", and the solo player will do a losing pose. 15 of the solo player's coins go to the winning team (each of them gaining 5 coins).
- In Mini-Game Island however, the coins won't show if the player fails and the announcer says "Finish" regardless.
- If the solo player wins, the Piranha Plant will crash and fall backwards. Each player of the team of three forfeit 5 coins to the solo player (with the solo player gaining 15) and the solo player will do their victory pose.
Solo (1 Player) Edit
- A Button – Jump
- B Button – Run
Group (3 Players) Edit
- Control Stick – Move
- A Button – Jump
- A Button + Z Button – Hip Drop
In-game Text Edit
- Game Rules – "Press B Button repeatedly to escape the Piranha Plant. Players on the cloud Hip Drop to feed the Piranha Plant with rain."
- Game Rules (Mini-Game Island) – "Press B Button repeatedly to escape the Piranha Plant's pursuit. Clear the game by reaching the goal."
- Advice – "As it rains on the Piranha Plant, it gets bigger and can jump farther."