Ray of Fright is a 1-vs-3 minigame found in Mario Party 6. its name is a pun on the phrase "ray of light".
Gameplay EditThe trio of players must survive as the single player attempts to blast them with light lasers, which ricochet off of the surrounding walls, from the player's laser-machine. The player can rotate the machine, allowing them to attack from different angles. The lasers only last for a few seconds, and only extend to a certain length before then
If the solo player wins, they do their victory animation from within the machine, while the camera is near them. If the three players win, they do their victory animations on the arena.
Solo (1 player) Edit
- A Button – Fire the laser
- R Button – Rotate clockwise
- L Button – Rotate counterclockwise
Group (3 players) Edit
- Control Stick – Move
In-game text Edit
- Rules – "One player controls a laser cannon. The other three have to avoid getting zapped by blasts of light!"
- Advice – "The player controlling the laser should consider the angles of the arena walls when firing."