Roll Call is a 4-player minigame found in Mario Party 2. In real life, a roll call is performed by the leader of an army or classroom checking to see if someone is present or absent.
Players have to count the Toads, Boos, or Bob-ombs. For the Toads, players can count the moving ones instead of themushrooms on the grounds. For the Boos, they can appear and disappear. For the Bob-ombs, players only count Bob-ombs that do not explode. The player who has the same count as the blue count at the top of the screen when roll call comes wins. If no count matches the blue count at the top of the screen when the character count is totaled, the minigame ends in a draw. Also, it is possible to have all 4 players win this minigame, if they all have the same count and the blue count at the top of the screen matches.
- A Button – Plus 1
- B Button – Minus 1
In-game Text Edit
- Game Rules – "Count how many characters are milling about. Whoever is right when roll call comes, wins!"
- Toad: "Don't confuse the mushrooms for Toads. Toads move, mushrooms don't."
- Bob-omb: "Watch out! If Bob-ombs you've already counted explode, be sure to take them off your list."
- Boo: "Boos may appear to disappear, but don't be fooled! Keep an eye on them all as you count!"
- In the Mini-Game Coaster, the version of this mini-game depends on the difficulty played: On Easy, the Bob-omb version is used. On Normal, the Boo version is used. On Hard, the Toad version is used.